? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Embarkation!! (Part 1)

Ok, Embarkation Day is here!! We got up in the morning on Sunday and got all of our things packed back up and ready to hit the road. We called a cab (van) to take us to the port. It was really ridiculous how much luggage we all had. There were seven of us, but I swear we had enough luggage for about 10 people at least!



We also were amused to see that we started our day with quite a character. Pinky was our taxi driver this morning. She was like nothing I have ever seen really. She was quite a character, very opinionated about many things, and not afraid to speak her mind. She was too funny. Jeff said one of the funniest things that day, right to Pinky, in fact I wrote it down because I felt like it was one of the funniest things. Probably to those who weren't there, it won't be too funny, but I guess you had to just be there to see Pinky; and Jeff's reaction to her. Jeff was just so amused and he said, "Pinky, you got it goin' on!" But when you read this, you have to read it with Jeff's southern accent. Anyway, we never really got a very good shot of Pinky, but I'll try to show what we have.


(A side view.....)
After we got to the port and gave our bags to the porters, we got through check-in pretty fast actually. This was the first time we were just little peons....the other two times we had a suite booked, so we got VIP boarding. I was pretty nervous that boarding in Galveston without VIP would be hellacious, but it wasn't too bad, I think it was because we were there pretty darn early. We were actually among the first passengers onboard.

After we boarded we wandered around the ship and had our first meal on the Lido deck. It was fun to explore this ship, because it is HUGE!!! You would think I wouldn't have been so in-awe of the Conquest because I have cruised twice before, but I was totally shocked by how majestic that ship is!! Here are some shots of us wandering the ship. Some need no explanation, others do.







Donia's first attempt at posing on the piano bar. I just happened to catch her in mid-fall. Too funny!!!



That's better!!!












Thirsty Donia???

I have so many more pictures, so I am going to drag the embarkation day and our first evening at sea out. I will finish this up on the next post. For now, you've probably read enough for now, eh? Until the next post......

1 comments:

Music Lovin' Mama said...

Okay, the picture of Donia falling is flippin' hilarious!!! She probably needed all of those drinks after that :)