? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, March 29, 2010

The Best of Man's Best Friends

Today was a very hard day. I've been seeing it coming for quite a while, but it still wasn't any easier. We had to put my childhood dog Jesse to sleep today. She's been battling cancer and arthritis for years, and in the last year or so her health has been declining pretty rapidly. My dogs and cats are members of the family, so losing her has been very very difficult.

We all stayed in the room with her while the doctor gave her the medicine that finally took her out of her misery. I didn't plan to stay in the room, I thought it would be too hard. But I did, and in a way I'm glad that I did. It was a very peaceful procedure, though devastating to watch. She didn't whine or cry, always stoic, even in the end. She was such a caring dog, and faithful no matter what. I'm sad that I don't have any pictures to post, I would like to, but my parents have most of them, and all my pictures are on my external HD (goodness knows where that is at the moment.)

There is so much to say but I just can't get it out at the moment, I'm a mess with emotions right now. What I do know is that she's in doggie Heaven waiting for us to get there and chasing squirrels, I'm sure of it.

Love you Jess.

2 comments:

Diane Melvin said...

I totally understand where you are coming from. The loss of a pet is never easy no matter how they are taken from us. I'm sorry for your loss. If there is anything that I can do, let me know.

Nichole Conner said...

Thanks Diane! It honestly helps so much when I just hear from people that they get what I'm saying. Sometimes I feel "stupid" for being so sad over a dog, but that dog is like a member of our family.... :( And as hard as it was to watch her go to sleep forever, it was even harder to watch her suffer. Sigh.