? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, March 15, 2010

Missing Piece(s)

I have been mentally writing blogs in my head for months, too bad I never get it down on paper. Well, not paper, on screen. Oh well, we'll see how this one goes. I have been going through a time lately....not a bad time, and not a great time, just a time. I feel like I am going through a mid-life crisis of sorts. But I don't really think I'm at mid-life and it's not really a crisis, so really? I don't know WHAT it is.

I've been struggling with defining myself lately. Who am I? I am a person who should, for all intents and purposes, be loving life. But I haven't been. Dunno why, just not. I have many great things to be thankful for and I am every day. My family is great, my mom is my best friend. My dad, sister, grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles are all fabulous too (WELL, mostly ALL are fabulous). My friends are phenomenal, even those that are far away are always there for me. I have tons of friends that I work with and see regularly that I love spending time with. I have two dogs and two cats that keep me on my toes and that I am proud to say that I take responsibility for. I have a house, car, food on the table, etc.

So, what is wrong with me? Why do I feel like something is missing? WHAT is it that is missing? I know you're all probably filling in the blanks with the usual: husband and kids, THAT'S what she's getting at. But really? I've come to the conclusion that those things will happen if they're meant to happen. Don't get me wrong, I DO want them to happen, just not sure they will. And if they don't well then, I guess I'll just be okay with that.

So what to do? How to figure out just what IS causing this feeling of anxiety? Find new hobbies? Check. Spend money? Check. Shhhh, don't tell Dave. Eat? Check. Clean house? Well, haven't done that one. Wallow in self-pity. Check. Blog/Facebook/Tweet about it? Check/Check/Check. Talk to people? Who?

And really, to address that. Who the hell wants to hear about all my problems, the world doesn't revolve around me. All my friends have their own lives, families, husbands, kids, houses, jobs, whatever. So what then? What to do? I guess what I always do. Cry some, think about what could be, what should be, what might be. Then just keep on keepin' on. Same old same old. Get up everyday and go do what I do.

And maybe someday? I'll figure out what piece is missing from my puzzle.

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am NEVER too busy to listen. Just sayin.

I remember feeling just what you wrote. I think you are on the right track... thinking and feeling and then doing.

Love ya!

Diane Melvin said...

I'm with Rebecca. I'm never too busy to listen, cry with you, or whatever you need. We are all here for you.

Crazy Busy Mom said...

HI Nicole,

Its Christy (wood) Scadden. I just found your blog today off of Facebook.

I just had to say that I don't think you are alone on this. I really think this winter has hit everyone a little harder. Maybe you are missing the sun shine and warm weather! I know I am. I feel like i am in a rut... get up, go to work, come home, cook supper, clean up a little, and go to bed. I can't wait till we can go outside, take walks, go to softball games...

Keep your head, I think the summer is on its way!!

Crazy Busy Mom said...

Sorry... for some reason my comment got posted three times...so i deleted the two duplicates!

Christy

Jen said...

I do not in anyway want to make light of what you said, but I agree that sometimes these thoughts tend to cycle throughout our lives. Even being married and having kids, I still sometimes get that feeling. I, too, am never too busy to listen. Maybe we girls all need to head out for a drink one night.

mom said...

You're going through a season, literally and figuratively. We all question where we are and where we're going at varying stages in our lives. It's a good thing! (even if it feels really uncomfortable at the time.) Wallow in it for a while and then move forward, making whatever positive changes you can to get where you want to be. You know I love you bunches! xoxoxo


P.S. On a totally unrelated note, love the background =)

Nichole Conner said...

Thank you to EVERYONE who commented or sent me messages in other places, I really truly appreciate the kind words!

I agree with everyone here, and all your words brought me to tears. I can't say how much it helped me to hear that everyone feels these things now and again, and I too agree with the weather thing! (not to mention the fact that I haven't cruised in a year, ahem mom.) :)

Rebecca, Diane, Christy, Christy, Christy (haha, kidding), Jen and Mom--MUCH love to you all!! :)

Thanks for being YOU!!!! XOXO

Megan said...

Hi, Nichole. I just rememberd that you posted on FB that you updated your blog. I agree with so many of the posts that have already been written. Everyone goes through this, and you're not alone. I may have the husband and kids, but sometimes, even I wonder what's missing. Keep your chin up...you are an amazing person who has so much to offer the world. HUGS! Yay for a sunshiny day! :D