? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, September 12, 2008

My Thoughts and Prayers are with Galveston

I am so worried about Galveston and the people that live down there that are being pummelled by Hurricane Ike. It is such a beautiful city, and I am so thankful we got to see it this summer. I have a feeling that if we are to go back anytime in the next couple of years, that things are not going to look the same. I just wanted to post a few more pictures of us in Galveston.



Galveston sits right on a bay, with the main drag being Seawall Blvd. When you visit there, most of everything you do is right there along the Seawall. You can just walk up and down the road with restaurants, bars, shops along one side and the beach along the other. There is a 17 foot tall wall that was built quite a long time ago to help with storms. I am sitting here watching reporters standing in spots that I was just walking a couple of months ago, and keep saying, "Hey, I was there!!!"


The next two pictures are from The Spot restaurant that I talked about before. I wonder how the building is holding up under the pounding that they are getting right now.



Reporters say that the area shown below was already under water early today, well before the storm even hit. We are wondering how the cruise ship terminal is holding up.....



Here are just some more pictures of us on the beach, with Seawall behind us. Imagine that where we are standing, all you can see is water now, no land to be seen.



This is a good shot with the seawall in the background. It's hard to tell from here, but the wall is WELL above a person's head. I really wish I had gotten some good shots of it. There are actually paintings all along the wall, that are REALLY cool. It was pretty dark when we were close enough to them to get any pictures, so we didn't really get any good ones. I wonder if any of those paintings will withstand the storm?




This building was at the end of a little pier that was almost directly across Seawall from our hotel. We walked out there to take some pictures and look around. What is amazing is that I was at mom's house this afternoon and we were watching some hurricane coverage and we saw this building. The whole pier was pretty much under water and all you could see was the top of this green building. Keep in mind, this was also well before the hurricane even really hit. Hope this cute little building makes it through the surge!!

As I sit here and watch water rushing down Seawall Blvd like a river, I am hoping that the people of Galveston stay safe tonight and into tomorrow. I also pray that their city is not completely devastated. Here's to hoping!!!

0 comments: